What is a Makerspace?
- A Makerspace is a place where people can share knowledge and tools to create. The possibilities are limitless—arts and crafts, electronics, 3D printing. The only limit is the ingenuity of our Makerspace's members!
Who can use the UTDesign Makerspace?
- Any University of Texas at Dallas student, faculty, and alumni can use the Makerspace for free.
Where is the UTDesign Makerspace?
- Our address is 3000 Waterview Parkway, Richardson, TX. We are located in the SPN (Synergy Park North) building on the second floor. If you enter from the main entrance go up the right hand stairs and through the glass doors.
- UTD Room Locator Map
When is the Makerspace open?
- The doors to SPN and the Makerspace are unlocked from 7 am to 9 pm Monday through Friday.
- If you need access to the space outside of typical hours please reach out to an officer.
I'm not affiliated with the university, can I still join?
- At this point we are only open to students, faculty and alumni. We recommend you check out TheLab.ms in Richardson or The Dallas Makerspace in Carrolton.
I have a specific question not answered on this wiki, where can I ask?