3D Printing is an amazing technology, but with great power comes with great responsibility! Here is the list of rules you must abide by to use the printers in the Makerspace:
- Students must provide their own filament (1.75mm dia PLA+). Mark your spools with a sticky note with your name, Discord handle (if applicable), and phone number. Do not use someone else's filament, or the Makerspace filament.
- Do not tamper with any of the machines. This includes removing or altering any of the SD cards, plugging or unplugging cables, tampering with the USB ports, etc.
- Using OctoPrint is required for using the 3D printers. You can connect to
http://<printer color>.utd.ms/ (eg: connect to the Prusa Mini+ at
http://orange.utd.ms/). Attepmting to print via SD card is not allowed at any point.
- If a machine is broken or out of calibration, please notifiy an officer. DO NOT attempt to fix the printer yourself!
- Please remove your prints in a timely manner.
- Do not stop in-progress prints that are not yours unless it is very clearly failing (ie. "spaghetti" is happening). If you are stopping someone else's print due to a failure, please leave a note or send a message on the Discord explaining why. Please include the date and time.
- Don't print weapons of any kind, or other "obscene" objects. The Makerspace reserves the right to abort jobs that we think violate this rule.
- The Makerspace cannot guarantee object quality or stability, or confidentiality of designs. The Makerspace is not liable for objects which prove to be functionally faulty, defective, or unsafe in their use.