3D Printing is an amazing technology, but with great power comes with great responsibility! Here is the list of rules you must abide by to use the printers in the Makerspace.
- You must provide your own filament (1.75mm PLA, PLA Pro, or PLA+). Mark your spools with a sticky note with your name, Discord username (if applicable), and phone number.
- Do not use someone else's filament or the Makerspace filament.
- Do not tamper with any of the machines. This includes removing or altering any of the SD cards, plugging or unplugging cables, tampering with the USB ports, etc.
- Using OctoPrint is required when using our 3D printers. You can connect to
http://<color>.utd.ms/ (eg: connect to the Prusa Mini+ at
http://orange.utd.ms/). Attempting to print via SD card is not allowed at any point.
- If a machine is broken or out of calibration, please notify an officer. DO NOT attempt to fix the printer yourself!
- Please remove your prints in a timely manner.
- Do not stop in-progress prints that are not yours unless it is very clearly failing (ie. "spaghetti" is happening). If you are stopping someone else's print due to a failure, please leave a note or send a message on the Discord server explaining why. Please include the date and time.
- Do not print firearms, firearm parts, or "obscene" objects.
- UTDesign Makerspace reserves the right to pause, cancel, or remove prints at any time for any reason.
- UTDesign Makerspace cannot guarantee object quality or stability, or confidentiality of designs. UTDesign Makerspace is not liable for objects which prove to be functionally faulty, defective, or unsafe in their use.